Top > Software
Nothing special in here, but someone might find it useful. Let
me know if you use anything here.
- Script which makes use of hsetroot to
display a changing set of images onto two monitors.
- Script recurses down an input directory and creates symlinks to
all the photos in the output directory plus the date in YYYY-MM-DD
fromat (i.e. "output-directory/YYYY-MM-DD/original-filename").
- A very simple shell script to keep a
Rockboxed device in sync with a local filesystem copy. Improvements welcome.
- A Perl script to count up some statistics for photo images using the Exif data.
- A Perl script to recurse through a directory and find identical
files using MD5 digests. Give it a go ... you might have a nasty
- A Perl cgi script to implement a simplistic "web shelf" where
appropriate users can upload files and email a URL as an
alternative to emailing large files. This requires some
customisation unless your website is laid out precisely like
- C program to put a string into a specified position in the file.
Not thoroughly tested.
- A little Python script to examine a POP3 mailbox and make sounds
(usually recorded speech) for specified addresses. Version 0.4.
- A marginally functional replacement for df written to
make a point on improving standard Unix utilities.